Tuesday, October 5, 2010

cooking.

I'm feeling nostalgic with this rainy weather in Southern California.
It reminds me of the times when fall was so special!
My grandma would come to visit from Venezuela,
and we would start eating some yummy great food!
We would also make clothing, and decorations for the house.
I want to carry on those traditions!
It's part of me, and it will be forever.

But I need to get my act together.
I'm unorganized, poor and unable to do a lot of what I want to do.
First, of course I need to clean!
Then start saving more money.
I want to be able to buy ingredients to make yummy food.

Yesterday my boyfriend said he wished that I cooked for him.
He says he likes my cooking, and I believe him.
I don't think he would really go out with a woman who couldn't cook, LOL.
I do want to cook for him, but I just never have the time or ingredients.

Crystal, my room mate, is starting to cook a lot of Mexican dishes!
(Her mom is from there, so of course that is what she taught Crystal.)
I really want to learn from her, because first of all she cooks very well and it's Mexican food!
My boyfriend is Mexican, so I want to learn to make food that he likes.
Mexican food is so amazing, it's one of the BEST part of their culture!!
I can't really comprehend how they make such great food ...
but it definitely makes me happy =]

Well that's enough of a cooking rant for now.
Hopefully I will have an update with something I cooked soon!

Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just don't make Strawberry Short Cake