Sunday, October 22, 2006

bob dylan ...

So I saw the one and the only Bob Dylan last night. From very far away, but it was all good.

My Dad and I got there right on time, but it took like 30 minutes to get our tickets and we got inside on the second to the last Kings of Leon song. I was pretty bummed that I didn't really know the last two songs. I've heard them, but they weren't my favorites.

Then Bob Dylan went on for like 1 and a half hours or so. He and his band played for a really long time! They went off stage and came back and played like 3 more songs, including his very best "Like a Rolling Stone." It's funny though because his voice is way raspier and I could barely understand what he was saying at the end. And he sounded way different from the version of the song that I have.

I saw all kinds of people there. It was the most variety of types of people I've ever seen at one concert. Really old people that dress like him, younger people like in their 40s with their kids, 30-somethings with their girlfriends, college frat boys, high school scenesters, and obviously the kids with their parents. Really random.

When we got out I wanted to get a poster because they were really cool and it said like Long Beach Arena One Night Only. I was sure I would get one, but the merch guy was a freaking jerk and told us to get behind everyone else, but then he let this old lady pay for some where he told us not to be. So they sold out. Stupid jerk-off. He was all complaining that people thought he was one, so he said it himself and he used jerk-off. Gosh. Who uses that anymore? I guess Bob Dylan Merch Guys. Instead I got the last bandana. It's cool, but I definitely can't wear it. It was $10.

My Dad wants to frame it as a souvenier. He had never seen Mr. Bob Dylan(as the lead singer of the KOL said) in concert before. And he's been a fan for like ever.

It was quite and experience. I liked it. It was a huge concert, and I probably never want to sit at a concert again, because you're sooo far away!

I love standing because you can push yourself up to the front, and nobody will do anything because they don't want to get kicked out before the headlining band plays.

At the last Format concert that I went to, I got in front of this group of girls and they were all trying to talk shiz but I didn't care and they couldn't do anything about it. It was hilarious. They were trying to tell me to stop dancing. IT'S A CONCERT!!! Aren't you supposed to dance to music?!?!?!? omg. They really need to get lives and quick!

I can't wait for the Anathallo concert in a few weeks, it's going to be awesome because they're headlining!

And I can't wait until tonight at SMMOOTH. I think it's going to be fun, and I hope all of the youth have fun!

Thank you for reading! Much Love~muah

No comments: